[openib-general] smpdump and current MAD layer

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Dec 1 10:45:15 PST 2004

Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 14:47, Sean Hefty wrote:
>
>>I guess filtering can be done above the MAD layer, so just letting the
>>user specify the qp_type may be all that's needed, beyond indicating
>>that snooping is desired.  If we go this route, we can probably support
>>any number of snoopers.
>

> Does that mean the snoopers would just be a list based on qp_type (and
> we have a list per QP type (SMI, GSI)) ?

This was my first thought...

Also, looking ahead at future changes that will be going into the code
(RMPP, CM), plus a debugging issues that I'm hitting when loading the
drivers, I think it makes sense to add in snooping sooner rather than
later.

This is something that I can start, since it would be useful to me as a
debugging tool today.

- Sean