[openib-general] HP ZX1 and HP IB cards...

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Fri Dec 3 10:56:38 PST 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 10:35:17AM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Can you try with the very latest svn bits?

How can I tell which bits I'm currently testing?
I did the "svn up" about 2h ago.

svn is now telling me:
grundler at iowa:/usr/src/linux-ia64-release-2.6.10/drivers/infiniband$ svn up
At revision 1311.
grundler at iowa:/usr/src/linux-ia64-release-2.6.10/drivers/infiniband$

> It turns out there the
> readb() I was using in the FW command code path is not allowed by
> Mellanox HW -- all accesses need to be 32 bits wide.  I have no idea
> if it could cause this problem but in the latest tree I converted it
> to a readl() just to be safe.

ok.

> By the way, what's the difference between this box and the one that
> was working before?  Just OpenIB SW version?

Before we were using the original HP firmware that exposes
the virtual bridge but hides the "3rd BAR".

I will eventually go back and try with such a card again.
But I think being able to use a reflashed card would be just
as important for openib.org than using the original HP card.

thanks,
grant