[openib-general] HP ZX1 and HP IB cards...

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Fri Dec 3 14:51:01 PST 2004

    Grant> Well, or other race. Ordering was just my first guess.
    Grant> It's likely the race is not even here - but on the
    Grant> completion side of things.

Hmm, I'll think about it too.  The problem appears to be an overflow
of the FW command completion event queue (that's what the message

ib_mthca 0000:41:00.0: Unhandled event 0f(00) on eqn 3

is saying ... event 0f is EQ overflow)

It is true that we call mthca_cmd_event() on FW command completion
(which frees up a command slot and could let another command start)
before we update the consumer index and let the HCA know that there is
a free slot in the EQ.  Still, it's a little hard to see how we could
overflow the EQ (which is created with 128 slots).

 - R.