[openib-general] Re: IPoIB still not working [was IPoIB FAQ Update]

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Mon Dec 6 07:43:12 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 07:09 -0500, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 23:02, Josh England wrote:
>
> Your IPoIB configuration looks fine.

Well, he had identical hardware addresses on n0 and n1 for his ib0 and
ib1 interfaces respectively.  This would likely keep the linux network
stack from actually sending the packet back to the originating host and
instead convince it that it's intended for internal consumption I would
think.  Try putting a different HW MAC address on your different ib?
ports and see if that gets the packets flowing.