[openib-general] IPoIB still not working [was IPoIB FAQ Update]

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Dec 7 11:33:34 PST 2004

>I'm following the FAQ pretty closely and IPoIB is still not working for
>me.  I'm using the latest from SVN (as of tonight).  These are PCIe
HCAs
>with 4.5.3 firmware (x86_64 MST is horribly broken BTW --can't wait for
>tvflash).  Hardware/cabling is fine since things work under VAPI 3.2.
>All modules are loaded, and syslog doesn't show anything.  It seems now
>(new with 4.5.3 FW) that packets are flowing one direction but not the
>other.  Here's as much debug info as I could dig up.

Ok here is what I found. I installed the openib.org code on my
EM64T (x86_64) systems that have PCI-E HCAs. We have a 8 node
Mellanox switch. On one node (a 32-bit Xeon node),
we are running opensm from the SF project.
We have one 32-bit system (Sean's) and 2 EM64T systems connected to
the switch that are running the openib.org code.
When Sean's 32-bit system loads ipoib and configures the
interface, everything seems to work fine. However, when I load ipoib
on the 64-bit x86_64 node, the opensm starts complaining that

osm_mcr_rcv_join_mgrp ERR IB10 Provided Join State != FullMember

so it looks like the x86_64 system is not able to join the multicast
group.
I suspect some issue with structure definitions, but have not debugged
the
issue any further.

Any ideas ?