[openib-general] IPoIB still not working [was IPoIB FAQ Update]

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Dec 7 12:51:35 PST 2004

> Do you have 4x to 1x cables ? Then you could use a 1x analyzer for
this.

Use to have one, but I think it was lost. The 1x analyzer we have
is very old and out of date, not sure that it is worth trying to
get running.

>Yes, but is that SA client local to the node with the OpenSM ? I'm not
>sure whether this makes a difference or not as I am unaware of how this
>local communication (SA client -> OpenSM) is accomplished.

We have one dedicated 32-bit node running the opensm from sourceforge.
We have a separate 32-bit node that Sean uses for development, so no
the sa_client is not on the same node as the SM. His node does not seem
to invoke the errors from opensm, but the x86_86 node does.

I'll poke around in the code this afternoon to see if I can get any
additional
information.

woody