[openib-general] IPv6 All Router Multicast Group

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Dec 8 06:52:08 PST 2004

Hi Roland,

With IPv4 and IPv6, I see all the relevant groups attempted to be joined
and then if that fails created (first component mask 0x10083 and then
0x130c7). The former gets status 0x0600 in the GetResp when the group
does not already exist which causes the retry with the group creation.

I see one IPv6 group (all routers) (0xff12:601b:ffff:0:0:0:0:2) that is
only attempted with component mask 0x10083 (join) and not 0x130c7
(create). Is this because an IP router would create this group and this
node is only trying to join as it is not a router ? (If so, has the
creation been tested) ?

Thanks.