[openib-general] Missining Infiniband class fields

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Fri Dec 10 10:56:07 PST 2004

    shaharf> 2. I need an interface for setting/clearing IS_SM bit. If
    shaharf> there is such please let me know. If not, I would like to
    shaharf> add an additional ioctl to set/clear the IS_SM bit. A ctl
    shaharf> file in /dev/.../ports/.../ is anther option. Please tell
    shaharf> me what do you think.

Don't add an ioctl.  Let's create an "is_sm" file that sets the bit
when opened and clears it when closed.

    shaharf> 3. It would help me very much if I could get an async
    shaharf> event on some changes, especially ports state
    shaharf> changes. Lid/SM lid changes events will be nice too. I am
    shaharf> not familiar with the HCA fw, so I don't know if it does
    shaharf> trigger such events. The AnafaII fw does.

I would create another device special file like the umad file and use
reads to get the events.

 - Roland