[openib-general] IPoIB still not working

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Mon Dec 13 14:56:35 PST 2004

>>I believe (yet to be confirmed) that this is fixed in the upcoming
>>Arbel firmware release.

>I hope so. I am running the 5.4.6-rc4 firmware that I got from Trevor
>and it still fails. Perhaps Eitan knows if there is some newer version
>that fixes this issue.

>There could be an OpenIB problem. I don't know for sure as I do
>not have a PCI-E machine or HCA. My only experience is with IPoIB
>on other stacks with PCI-E.

>-- Hal

I have other stacks that work fine on the same systems with the same
hardware
so I suppose that mthca could be doing something wrong.
However,  it sure points to the PCI-E hardware since without changing
any software and just the hardware, it works with the PCI-X card and
fails with the PCI-E card.
They are suppose to be software compatible, so I am not sure what we
could be
doing wrong.