[openib-general] IPoIB oops on path record completion

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Dec 15 16:12:29 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 18:08, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 16:44, Roland Dreier wrote:
> > I've committed a few fixes to IPoIB.  Please let me know if you still
> > see issues with the latest code.
>
> Still get oops on ping -b immediately after bringing up ib0 on the IP
> subnet :-(

This is due to the following:
ib_sa_path_rec_callback: sa_query 0xc0db0788 status 0xffffff92 mad
0x00000000
which invokes
query->callback(status, NULL, query->context);

ipoib_main.c:
static void path_rec_completion(int status,
                                struct ib_sa_path_rec *pathrec,
                                void *path_ptr)

path_rec_completion is using the pathrec parameter as a pointer without
checking it for NULL first.

Is the same also true for any other SA client callbacks like multicast ?

Also, what I do see when I do a broadcast ping is that the path record
is obtained over and over rather than being requested once and cached.
Is that what is supposed to be happening now ?