[openib-general] IPoIB oops on path record completion

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Wed Dec 15 17:38:49 PST 2004

    Hal> No but it definitely oops in that callback. I didn't trace it
    Hal> in path_rec_completion; only glanced at the code. Don't the
    Hal> debug statements deference through NULL regardless of status ?

Good point, I missed those uses.  I've just pushed a patch that should
fix this problem.

    Hal> Have you gotten a negative status on the callback (and NULL
    Hal> pathrec) ?  I've yet to see this response on the analyzer as
    Hal> there are too many to go through right now. I do see it with
    Hal> extra debug I put in to narrow this down.

No, I guess that's why I never saw this problem -- I've never had a
path record callback fail.

    Hal> Also, what I do see when I do a broadcast ping is that the
    Hal> path record is obtained over and over rather than being
    Hal> requested once and cached.  Is that what is supposed to be
    Hal> happening now ?

I can't duplicate this one.  If I do something like

    ifconfig ib0 10.0.0.1
    ping -b 10.255.255.255

I only see one path record lookup for each remote system.

You seem to be seeing a path record lookup fail, which of course will
cause the lookup to be retried the next time we want to send something
to that destination.  Do you know why the the path record lookup is failing?

 - R.