[openib-general] CM header file

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Dec 16 15:55:33 PST 2004

Roland Dreier wrote:

> The CM retry policy is specified much more tightly than for general
> MADs.  The total number of retries is limited by the "Max CM Retries"
> field and the timeout waiting for each response is also part of the CM
> protocol.

It appears then that given max_cm_retries, remote_cm_response_timeout,
and primary_path->packet_life_time (or local_ack_timeout), the CM can
issue retries automatically for the user.  Does this sound correct?

I will plan on having the code issues retries.  (I'm assuming that the
Topspin CM does this, which is where I'm planning on pulling code over
from.)