[openib-general] osm

shaharf shaharf at voltaire.com
Sun Dec 19 10:26:16 PST 2004

Hi all,

            I took the liberty to commit the user-mode tree even though
it is far to be complete or stable. However, the tree contains several
applications and utilities that may help all of us, even at this
preliminary stage.

            I renamed the 1362 osm tree to be osm.old and I started a
new osm tree that is not based on the old, rather it is based on gen1
osm tree. I also changed the tree structure. I have no intension to
stick to the old and very ugly osm tree structure (that was inherited
from the old ibal tree). I also rewrote all Makefiles.

            The new tree is (rev 1366):

            Userspace:

                        Makefile

                        make.rules

                        make.inc

                        include

                        libcommon/*

                        libumad/*

                        util/

mad_test/*

                        diags/

host

                                                ibstat

                                                scripts

                                    net

                                                smpdump

                        osm/

                                    complib

                                    include

                                                complib

                                                iba

                                    opensm

            To make this tree, please edit make.inc and set OPENIB_ROOT
to the .../trunk/src dir.

            Then do make && make install

            Libraries will be installed at $ OPENIB_ROOT/lib and
binaries at $OPENIB_ROOT/bin. If you don't like that change it in
make.inc.

            Hopefully everything will compile and install and then you
can run opensm by

                        $OPENIB_ROOT/bin/opensm &

            It will run on the first existing port. Plese verify that it
is active. You can override that by using "-g portguid_in_hex". On any
case of problems that you want me to assist, please run the opensm with
-V and send me the log file (/tmp/osm.log).

            Other utilites:

                        Ibstat - show host adaptors status

                        Ibstatus - almost the same but implemented as a
script

                        Mad_test - simple umad interface test program
based on Rolands test program (ported to C)

                        Smpdump simple solicited SMP query tool. Shows
its output as hex dump (unless requested otherwise, w.g. using -s).

            Don't forget to modprobe ib_umad and configure udev before
using the userspace staff.

            Shahar