[openib-general] osm

shaharf shaharf at voltaire.com
Mon Dec 20 01:22:45 PST 2004

>     shaharf> Hi all, I took the liberty to commit the user-mode tree
>     shaharf> even though it is far to be complete or stable. However,
>     shaharf> the tree contains several applications and utilities that
>     shaharf> may help all of us, even at this preliminary stage.
>
> That's great, better to commit early and get feedback than to work
> privately and end up going the wrong direction.
>
> A couple quick suggestions:
>  - Add copyright/license headers to all your source files
>  - Use GNU autotools instead of writing your own Makefiles
>
>  - Roland

As I am new to open source development so I am not sure what license I
should add. Is BSD license what we want? Standard GNU license may be
problematic. I kept the Intel based license in the new opensm files. It
looks good enough for me.

Autotools will be used at later stage. Again, I am not really used to
these tools so I didn't want to delay the opensm due that. The current
make files should do for now.

Shahar