[openib-general] Problem with userspace tree structure

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Dec 23 11:47:46 PST 2004

By the way, I don't think we have to mandate autotools for every
package under the userspace/ directory (although using autotools is
the friendliest for users, packagers and developers).

My real objection was just to the recent checkin of Makefiles
etc. directly under the userspace/ directory.  I think userspace/
should just have subdirectories for each OpenIB package and nothing
else.  eg take a look at http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/ to see what I
think our userspace/ directory should look like.

 - R.