[openib-general] progress...but opensm crashed

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Dec 24 08:57:29 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 10:31, Roland Dreier wrote:
>     shaharf> Hi Tom, It seems that one of nodes in your subnet
>     shaharf> registered itself to be informed on traps. This is one of
>     shaharf> the rare cases that require GRH headers which are not
>     shaharf> really supported yet.
>
> I'm confused -- I thought only MADs sent between subnets need GRHs?

In general that is true. There is nothing that precludes sending with a
GRH inside a subnet (other than it is slightly more overhead).

In terms of Report(Notice), it depends on whether the Set(InformInfo)
included a GRH or not. I think it may be used with redirection as well
(ClassPortInfo::RedirectGID non 0).