[openib-general] ib_post_send ib_send_wr question

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Jul 30 14:36:01 PDT 2004

I may have missed this in the email thread on this.

struct ib_send_wr {
  struct {
   struct  ib_ah *ah;
   u32 remote_qpn;
   u32 remote_qkey;
   u16 pkey_index;
  } ud;
 } wr;
};

When sending UD, there is a pkey_index included in the structure.

In VAPI/EVAPI, there were two post sends: the normal VAPI one which does not
take a PKey index and the EVAPI one for the GSI which does take a PKey
index. It looks like we have collapsed the two into one, but there is no way
to indicate whether the PKey index is present or not. I think a flag is
needed for this to indicate whether the index is present or not, otherwise
it always needs to be supplied. Am I missing something ?.