[openib-general] ib_post_send ib_send_wr question

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Jul 30 16:07:24 PDT 2004

Sean Hefty wrote:
> I believe that only QP1 has the ability to accept packets from any
> partition, and hence, use any PKey.  I'm not sure that we can assume
> that hardware will provide this feature on any given QP.  I *think*
> redirection needs to go to separate QPs for separate PKeys.

Yes, you are right. The special PKey matching is only for QP1.
It also needs to be able to send on any of the port's PKeys.

Other QPs are "locked" on a single PKey index.

C10-133: Packets sent from the Send Queue of a GSI QP shall attach a
P_Key associated with that QP, just as a P_Key is associated with
nonmanagement
QPs.