[openib-general] Problem with 2.4.24 and gen1

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Nov 1 07:29:38 PST 2004

    Ken> Also, another question I have is fairly naive -- at what
    Ken> point are the Lion Cub (PCI Express) cards supported in the
    Ken> OpenIB stack?  I seem to remember the Tavor code supporting
    Ken> them inherently but in a non-efficient manner if native code
    Ken> wasn't used.

Lion Cub aka Arbel aka PCI Ex HCA is supported in Tavor compatibility
mode right now by the mthca driver.  I just received firmware and
documentation for native mode last week, so support for that will be
"coming soon."  However Tavor mode is not really much of a performance
hit -- on a suitable motherboard you should still be able to hit (bus
limited) 20 Gb/sec of throughput.

 - Roland