[openib-general] SM and smi

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Nov 4 08:04:27 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 17:15, Roland Dreier wrote:
> I think SMI processing should be applied to all DR SMPs passed to
> ib_post_send_mad().

This requires the MAD layer to peek into the outgoing MAD but all it has
is the DMA address in the sg-list and the last time I tried to do this
(go from DMA address to a VA), the approach used to do this was in the
process of being deprecated. Last time, I think the need to do this was
obviated. Is there an acceptable alternative ?

> This is what the Topspin stack does and I believe it is what OpenSM expects.

I think we could change what OpenSM expected if needed so this does not
appear to me to be a determining factor.