[openib-general] IPoIB Multicast

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Sat Nov 6 10:14:29 PST 2004

Hi Roland,

The IB multicast support appears to be much better :-) I have not been
able to recreate (at least as yet) any of the ifdown or modprobe -r
issues I used to see. I will keep an eye on this and report back if this
changes.

I have found two minor anomalies/questions which do not cause any
operational issues:

1. If you down the interface and bring it back up, the second time up,
there are 2 identical join requests for the broadcast group rather than
just 1. These 2 come out very close to one another (217 usec apart). Is
there some counting issue that is causing this ?

2. When leaving an IP multicast group, there appears to be an extra join
to 0x16 (something like 224.0.0.22 which would be for IGMP). Any ideas
on this ?

Thanks.