[Fwd: Re: [openib-general] IPoIB Multicast]

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Nov 8 13:13:57 PST 2004

On the first issue, I now understand why there are 2 joins for the
broadcast group.

ipoib_set_mcast_list causes the ipoib_restart_task to be run which stops
and starts the multicast thread. Doing this causes the first join to the
broadcast group to be cancelled (flushed) and even though it appears to
work on the IB wire, it is not completed in the host. The second join
for the broadcast group is completed without being cancelled.

Not sure what (if anything) should be done about this.

-- Hal