[openib-general] error trying to bring up node

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Nov 9 11:56:47 PST 2004

Sean Hefty wrote:

> I have two nodes directly connected.  When trying to bring up the openib
> node, I receive a local length error on the CQ after trying to perform a
> send.
>
> I'm continuing to debug...

static int agent_mad_send(struct ib_mad_agent *mad_agent,
			  struct ib_agent_port_private *port_priv,
			  struct ib_mad_private *mad,
			  struct ib_grh *grh,
			  struct ib_wc *wc)
{
	/* PCI mapping */
	gather_list.addr = pci_map_single(mad_agent->device->dma_device,
					  &mad->grh,
					  sizeof *mad -
						sizeof mad->header,
					  PCI_DMA_TODEVICE);
	gather_list.length = sizeof *mad - sizeof mad->header;
	gather_list.lkey = (*port_priv->mr).lkey;

Wouldn't this result in sending the GRH data buffer before the MAD
buffer?  Does mthca check the size of sends that are posted to QP0/1 and
report an error if they are larger than 256 bytes?