[openib-general] Solicited response with no matching send request

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Nov 10 10:32:49 PST 2004

Hi,

I was just rerunning all of my test cases and have a question about the
MAD layer receive processing:

Currently if no matching send request is found, the received MAD is
freed (around line 1035 of the current mad.c).

In this case, timeout too short, etc., is this the correct behavior ?
Or should the receive packet be given to a matching MAD agent with a
receive handler (perhaps with a different status) ? The latter would
allow for an additional send model for requests which I don't think is
supported now at the cost of having the client throw away these receives
based on a new status code (perhaps some sort of timeout).

Just wondering...

Thanks.