[openib-general] New OpenIB webpages

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Nov 11 09:52:17 PST 2004

    Matt> The FAQ and a few other items are still a work in progress.

A couple of suggestions for the FAQ:

in "How do I submit source code patches?"

    I suggest adding something like "Please make sure that patches are
    licensed under the same terms as the original code (dual GPL/BSD
    for most of the OpenIB stack)."

in "What version of the Linux kernel do you support?"

    I suggest changing the answer to something like OpenIB
    supports the latest 2.6 kernel (currently 2.6.9).

in "What are all these upper layer protocols like IPoIB, DAPL, MPI, SDP,
SRP, and others?"

    add a link to the IETF ipoib WG at <http://ietf.org/html.charters/ipoib-charter.html>

 - R.