[openib-general] Re: QP error handling

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Nov 11 14:46:45 PST 2004

    Sean> I'm trying to force errors on QP0/1 to see if my changes can
    Sean> recover from them.  I force the errors by sending with an
    Sean> invalid lkey.  Based on the implementation of mthca, what
    Sean> can be expected?

    Sean> I'm not seeing the QP event handler get invoked.  I do
    Sean> receive a completion error, followed by flushed work
    Sean> requests.  Attempts to modify the QP directly to RTS fail --
    Sean> I was hoping that the QP would enter SQE state.

mthca currently doesn't handle these 'asynchronous' state transitions
(ie transition to error).  It continues to think the QP is in the RTS
state.  Proper handling needs to be implemented.

However should there be a QP event for a send with invalid L_Key?  I
would have thought the failed completion entry would be all the
consumer gets.

 - R.