[openib-general] Re: SMI Patch

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Nov 16 09:42:16 PST 2004

Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a patch which I think fixes the SMI issues for an end node. There
> is more to be done for switch support but this hopefully is sufficient
> for SM support. Can you please validate it before I check it in ? I'm a
> little gun shy about breaking the tree after last week's debacle. If it
> works in your configurations, I will check it in.

I applied the patch to my local repository, and it worked fine.

One item of note is that my test system is connected into a switched
fabric with opensm running on the source forge stack.  When I load the
openib stack, the port goes to INIT.  It doesn't go to ACTIVE until I
unplug and re-insert the cable.  This is true with or without this
patch.  (I'm connected to a 16-port Mellanox switch.)  The systems
running the source forge stack do not see this issue.