[openib-general] RMPP implementation

Fab Tillier ftillier at infiniconsys.com
Wed Nov 17 09:22:11 PST 2004

I agree that it will lower the throughput, but by how much?  I would expect
it to be minimal.  It also allows more concurrent transfers to progress.
I'm thinking that the SA is likely the primary user of RMPP sends, and thus
responding to more queries in parallel is probably better than responding to
queries serially but faster for each query.  The send completion delay is
likely to be less than the RMPP timeouts, so might as well keep many
requestors going than getting a response to any one client quickly.

- Fab