[openib-general] Re: More on IPoIB Multicast

Peter Buckingham peter at pantasys.com
Thu Nov 18 10:18:49 PST 2004

Nitin Hande wrote:
> I just started taking a look at the existing bonding driver and
> evaluating what work needs to be done to support ipoib driver below it.
> It seems to me like a lot of pieces for this approach are readily
> available (ifenslave and other logic) etc and besides I guess that will
> keep one standard approach of doing bonding in linux. I also assume that
> while the ipoib gets enslaved, it will get enough opportunity to take
> right set of steps for its present connections and traffic etc. I might
> be wrong here though. Would like to hear from other members about this one.

i took a quick look at this a little while ago (admittedly with gen1
IPoIB) and when trying to enslave the ib0, ib1 interfaces the bonding
driver complains about an unsupported ioctl. i didn't have any time to
track it down much further than that. if there's some interest i could
take a bit more of a look at it.

peter