Bonding (was: Re: [openib-general] Re: More on IPoIB Multicast)

David M. Brean David.Brean at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 18 15:56:27 PST 2004

Doesn't the failover mechanism used by the bonding driver move the link
layer address from the failed NIC to the standby NIC?  If so, the IPoIB
link layer address contains a port GUID, so it may be a bit more complex
than usual to port bonding over IPoIB.

I also thought that the bonding driver would be extended to support
ethernet link aggregation (802.3ad) as the load balancing/failover
mechanism at some point (I can't find schedule information).  This
function, too, would not work over IPoIB.

-David