[openib-general] Re: OpenIB BuiltIn Support ?

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Sun Nov 21 20:41:31 PST 2004

    Hal> Thanks for investigating. Here's the combo which breaks the
    Hal> build as follows:

    Hal> This occurs when you configure Infiniband as built-in and
    Hal> mthca and IPoIB as modular.

Hmm, seems like the kernel build system doesn't like going into
directories and finding nothing to build.  I fixed it by getting rid
of ulp/Makefile, ulp/Kconfig, hw/Makefile and hw/Kconfig (and having
infiniband/Kconfig and infiniband/Makefile go directy to ulp/ipoib and
hw/mthca).

With these changes, I built but didn't boot a kernel with IB-core
built-in and mthca/ipoib as modules.

 - R.