[openib-general] possible oops when callingipoib_neigh_destructor while ipoib mod ule is down.

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Nov 29 10:12:54 PST 2004

    Fab> I'm confused - why not?  Why couldn't garbage collection
    Fab> invoke a similar code path to the destructor?

I was confused -- I thought you meant for the module to take a
reference on each neighbour (which would prevent it from being
destroyed until the module released it).

On the other hand as I said, if the module can't be unloaded until
there are no neighbours left, this could make it very difficult to
unload the module.

 - Roland