[openib-general] Re: tvflash questions

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Oct 11 08:10:03 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 10:50, Roland Dreier wrote:
>     Hal> tvflash -v -d fw-23108-rel-3_2_0/fw-23108-a1-rel.mlx GUID
>
> tvflash uses binary firmware images, not "mlx" format.  See the README.

Thanks. I should learn to RTFM...

The README states:
To generate a firmware file for use with tvflash, use Mellanox's
InfiniBurn tool and save a firmware image in binary format to a file.

In the long run, do we need either of the following:
1. Mellanox to release their firmware in binary form
2. An open source tool to do this conversion