[openib-general] SDP socket address family

Michael Krause krause at cup.hp.com
Fri Oct 15 07:21:44 PDT 2004

At 04:57 PM 10/14/2004, Fab Tillier wrote:
> [...]

The SDP spec submitted to the IETF as a draft has the port mapping.  The HP
IETF gurus did not have a problem with the port mapping.  Discussions with
various IETF AD did not generate a negative reaction but one never knows
how the IETF will act.  In general, the exchange has measures to mitigate
any DOS attacks and conserve resources.  Take a look and please consider as
this is the best way to get a large number of sockets applications to
quickly operate over RDMA interconnects without requiring any source code
changes.

Mike