[openib-general] Handling SM class (SMInfo vs. other queries)

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Oct 22 14:21:00 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 16:32, Roland Dreier wrote:
> The issue is how to process SM class GETs that are handled by the SMA
> (nearly every attribute) vs. GETs that need to be handled by the SM
> (namely SMInfo).  As the code stands now, the ib_smi module registers
> an agent for SM GETs, so there's no way for an SM to receive SMInfo
> GET requests.

This applies to Sets of SMInfo as well as Gets.

The registration interface will need to be extended somehow for this.
I don't think we want to add an attribute ID mask :-) The simplest way I
can think of is to add an issm bit to the registration request structure
and special case these unsolicited receives to go to the SM if it has
been registered and to drop otherwise.