[openib-general] Handling SM class (SMInfo vs. other queries)

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Fri Oct 22 15:43:18 PDT 2004

    Sean> I think I'm missing something here.  I thought that the
    Sean> snoop_mad entry point was the solution to this issue.

Except as currently defined, it doesn't provide a way for the
low-level driver to give back a response -- it just lets the low-level
driver steal MADs like locally generated traps.  There's no way to
handle SMA, PMA, BMA and vendor-specific requests etc.

My suggestion basically amounts to expanding snoop_mad to handle
everything.  But then there's no need for the process_mad entry point
(snoop_mad becomes the interface).  So we might as well get rid of
snoop_mad since I think the process_mad name is more descriptive.

 - R.