[openib-general] Kernel 2.6.9

Andras.Horvath at cern.ch Andras.Horvath at cern.ch
Mon Oct 25 03:22:34 PDT 2004

> Unfortunately there are no user space verbs right now (work should be
> starting soon).  When we do implement the verbs the API will most
> likely be closer to the current kernel API than to VAPI.

OK, I guess we can modify our apps.

> I think I understand this crash and know how to get rid of it.
> However, IPoIB probably still will not work for you because of the
> multicast member record issue with your SM.  That will be fixed once
> we cut over to the new MAD code, which should happen next week
> (assuming that the new MAD module work is completed).

I was not running the Voltaire SM but a back-to-back setup without any
subnet manager in fact (since I can't compile the userspace stuff due to
missing files like ib_al.h - can somebody please provide instructions on
how to build the userspace part?)
So maybe I did the unexpected, ping'ing away without SM, hence the crash
:]

thanks a lot,
Andras