[openib-general] Kernel 2.6.9

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Oct 25 09:20:57 PDT 2004

    Andras> I was not running the Voltaire SM but a back-to-back setup
    Andras> without any subnet manager in fact (since I can't compile
    Andras> the userspace stuff due to missing files like ib_al.h -
    Andras> can somebody please provide instructions on how to build
    Andras> the userspace part?)  So maybe I did the unexpected,
    Andras> ping'ing away without SM, hence the crash :]

You will not be able to use IPoIB without an SM.  The crash in IPoIB
should be fixed now but it still will not work without SM.

As I said before we don't have any userspace support right now.  I am
currently working on the userspace support required for the SM but
there is not even anything to test yet.

Thanks,
  Roland