[openib-general] 2 questions on physical code layout

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Oct 25 11:26:05 PDT 2004

    Grant> Up to you (or whoever maintains the code).  Some drivers
    Grant> that have their own subdir keep the prefixes.  e1000 and
    Grant> sym2 drivers are the counter examples I had in mind.

Good point... well, I'm getting sick of typing ib_ :)

Also I'd argue that the e1000_ or sym_ prefixes are more needed
because the drivers are so close to drivers/net and drivers/scsi --
although they are in their own subdirectories there's not as much
mental separation from other net/scsi drivers (eg I often look at
tg3.c and then e1000_main.c, so e1000/main.c might be a little
confusing to me).

Anyway this doesn't matter that much to me but I'd like to resolve it
one way or another before we try to go upstream.  Right now my
drivers/infiniband/core directory has both ib_verbs.c, ib_sysfs.c,
etc. as well as plain file names like packer.c, ud_header.c.

 - R.