[openib-general] MAD completion processing workqueue

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Oct 26 21:16:27 PDT 2004

    Sean> Any preferences?  One workqueue per port?  Two per port, one
    Sean> for sends and one for receives?  Two per port, one for each
    Sean> QP?  Four per port?  Separate the workqueue from the port
    Sean> completely?

I would say one single threaded WQ per port (or maybe per QP).  For
the full per-CPU WQ I wouldn't do more than one per HCA (on a typical
2 CPU system with HT, this is already 4 threads).

    Sean> Along this same line, do we want to define any specific
    Sean> behavior that clients can expect (e.g. one callback at a
    Sean> time)?

    Sean> My initial thought is to use the current workqueue, but
    Sean> require clients to handle simultaneous callbacks.

That seems fine, as long as the ordering of receive callback then send
callback for each transaction is preserved.

 - R.