[openib-general] ib_mad_port_start allows receive processing before sends can be posted

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Oct 28 10:05:43 PDT 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:23:28 -0400
Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com> wrote:

> I have no objection (but would like to understand more of the
> perceived problem(s)). Perhaps this approach makes things simpler in
> the long run, but I think the case of sending when the QP is not RTS
> needs to be dealt with anyhow and make take care of the problems you
> are concerned about.

I think that we'll have to handle this as well, but think that it may be
easier to handle it in error handling code only, rather than during
initialization as well.

This gets a little into how we handle immediate errors when posting
sends, with respect to which errors result in the access layer queuing
the MAD, versus errors that are reported to the user directly.  But, I
probably won't get to looking at that for a couple of weeks.