[openib-general] IP over IB problem

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Sat Oct 30 10:35:54 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 12:39, Mahadevan Balasubramaniam wrote:
>  I am having two hosts with IP over Infiniband interface. They are
> connected to each other directly. I am having minism as my subnet manager.
> When I try to discover the topology, it gives the following error:
>
>  Initialize Discovery... DONE
> New Discovered Node PortGUID:0008F10403961019 NodeGUID:0008F10403961018
> LID:   1
>
>   New Node - Type:CA NumPorts:02 LID:0001
> ****** ERROR: InfiniBandMAD - generic error   (cMgtClass=81 cMethod=1
> wAttrib=15
> ) 0:0
>      Error in Link 4x FromLID:0001 FromPort:01
> Verify Topology...DONE
>

>  I don't know what this means. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Management class 0x81 is Subn (Directed Route). Method 1 is a Get.
Attribute ID 0x15 is PortInfo. So this is SubnGet(PortInfo) which should
be answered by the SMA. Not sure why there is an error on this.

What IB stack are you running on the 2 end nodes with the HCAs ?

BTW, I don't think minism can support IPoIB. It is lacking an SA which
is needed for PathRecord and MulticastRecord support.