[openib-general] Re: ib_mad.h ib_mad_agent.hi_tid

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Sep 1 10:34:11 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 12:16, Sean Hefty wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:10:25 -0400
> Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com> wrote:
>
> > If the access layer were to set the high 32 bits of the TID for
> > unsolicited MADs, would it do it for all but CM MADs or should it also
> > handle the CM case as well ?
>
> I think... have it do it for the CM MADs as well.
>
> > Which CM MADs are unsolicited ?
>
> See C12-5.1.2.  REQ, LAP, DREQ, and SIDR_REQ are "unsolicited", according to
> how I've been describing it.  REP, MRA, REJ, RTU, APR, DREP, and SIDR_REP are
> response MADs that need their TID to match the MAD that they are sent in response to.

Makes sense.

The one additional complication appears to be when a REJ is sent by the
active side from the Timeout or REP Wait state as a result of CM
protocol timeout. The CM protocol timeout is indicated by Message
REJected = 2. Reason code is 4 for timeout. Does the access layer need
to make exceptions for those REJs ?