[openib-general] MAD queuing model

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Sep 1 12:38:15 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 15:18, Roland Dreier wrote:
> For RMPP, we could have the RMPP layer wait for each send to complete
> before posting another send.  However I'm not sure this gains much and
> it seems simpler just to let the RMPP queue all its sends as they are
> ready and let the MAD layer handle posting as many sends as will fit
> in the work queue.

If an RMPP send is n WRs, is there a way for the access layer to know
before posting whether all the WRs for this will fit ? If so, is this
"worth" the expense of this operation or should they just be posted
until not fitting and the rest deferred (and RMPP will do the correct
recovery either locally or remotely) ? (I obviously haven't thought this
through in detail yet...)