[openib-general] Async event handlers: per consumer or per QP/CQ?

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Sun Sep 5 14:24:30 PDT 2004

    Sean> Hmm... it seems like you'd want to reference a single data
    Sean> structure, rather than having copies.  But, yes, then you
    Sean> end up following one more pointer to get to needed data.

Given the amount of thought being put into optimizing slow path MAD
operations, it definitely seems worth it to me to save one pointer
dereference for data path operations....

    Roland> In my mind the big simplification of the code far
    Roland> outweighs the slight additional memory usage.  What are
    Roland> other people's thoughts?

    Sean> I'm not opposed to this, especially if it seems like the way
    Sean> to go.

I think it makes the implementation much cleaner.  I'm going to go
ahead and implement it so that we have something concrete to
criticize.

 -R.