[openib-general] Re: ib_mad.h ib_mad_recv_wc.mad_flags

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Sep 7 14:12:27 PDT 2004

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:57:36 -0400
Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com> wrote:

> Is ib_mad_recv_wc.mad_flags needed ? The only mad_flag defined is
> IB_MAD_GRH_VALID and that is redundant with ib_mad_recv_wc.grh == NULL.

It may be redundant.  But, I need to think more about whether it can be removed.  There may be a case (with QP redirection perhaps?) where we'd want to return the GRH buffer to the user, but mark that the data's invalid.

I will see if there's a way to have the MAD receive completion match closer with the normal receive completion case.  For example, ib_wc is the only structure that uses bit fields for flags.  Other structures in the API use an integer set using enum values.