[openib-general] semantics of process_mad?

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Sep 13 13:22:13 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 15:34, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Actually I was convinced that we don't want the QP number (it should
> be up to the access layer to filter out class/QPN mismatches like SMPs
> received on QP1).

I now have code in the receive path which filters out SMI packets sent
to other than QP0 and GSI packets.

There is one more set of related checks on the SMI/GSI. SMI packets are
supposed to be received on VL15. GSI packets are on other than VL15. The
WC contains the SL but not the VL. How is this accomplished ? Is this
level of the filtering done in the firmware ?