[openib-general] ib_mad.c comments

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Sep 14 09:00:31 PDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:42:27 +0300
"Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst at mellanox.co.il> wrote:

> But this is a question of policy, is it not?
> If we need a generic timeout function, lets have it
> and let the caller use it if thats what is needed.
> No need to force the policy.

There's not really any policy for this in the access layer.  The generic timeout "function" is invoked by the caller by setting the timeout_ms field in the ib_send_wr.  After waiting the specified time period, if no response has been received, the client is notified asynchronously of the failure.  What they do after that is up to them.