[openib-general] Multicast address aliasing in IPoIB

Dror Goldenberg gdror at mellanox.co.il
Tue Sep 14 23:48:22 PDT 2004

OK. Fine with me.
Note that what it means that Gen2 will be fully compliant. Gen1 may not
be interoperable / ipoib compliant - because they just can't without a very
ugly hack.

> The only issue I see is where the scope and PKey would come from to
> form the MGID. The scope could default to link local (2). I
> would presume the PKey would come from the IPoIB interface somehow.
>
> -- Hal

Can we leave the pkey part of the MGID blank (e.g. zeroes) to be filled by
the
underlying driver ? If so, then it should be OK.