[openib-general] [BUG] Byte swapped Pkeys

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Wed Sep 15 15:28:16 PDT 2004

    Fab> Personally, I would like to see all wire values handled in
    Fab> network order in the stack rather than swapped.  For things
    Fab> like pkeys, QPNs, etc where the value is really opaque for
    Fab> the user, there's no value in putting it in host order.

I don't think it's a big deal one way or another.  I will point out
that neither P_Key nor QPN values are opaque (the MSB of a P_Key value
determines full membership or not, QPN is used in CM peer compare, etc).

Are you volunteering to go through the current code base and fix up
the endian issues?  I don't have much stomach to go through everything
and change the byte order around, and I don't have much confidence
that I wouldn't introduce a ton of bugs anyway.

Thanks,
  Roland